USDA Prime Beef - Dry Aged Bone-In Filet Mignon
Use Promo Code: 24BGR
To receive 24 FREE Burgers ($109 value FREE) Orders $119+ Expires September 29th
- GRADE:USDA Prime Dry Aged
- AGED:4-6 weeks to enhance flavor & tenderness
- PACKAGING:Individually wrapped & vacuum sealed
- Individually Registeredwith its own unique registration number - guaranteeing uncompromising quality
- Gift Box:Delivered in a classic black & gold gift box
Product is flash frozen before shipping to lock in flavor and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
A Taste of Tradition
At Chicago Steak Company, we invite you to taste tradition. Since 1865 with the founding of the Union Stock Yards, Chicago has been at the heart of high-quality American meats. Chicago Steak Company proudly carries on that tradition. We specialize in hand-cut, Mid-West raised, Premium Angus USDA Prime beef - cut by Chicago butchers with five generations of experience. If you're looking for the very best steaks on the market, then you've come to the right place.
USDA Prime Dry Aged Bone-in Filet Mignon
Every bone-in filet mignon we offer is certified USDA Prime or upper-1/3 USDA Choice, putting our steaks in the top 2% of beef worldwide. Each bone-in flet mignon is hand-selected and hand carved to ensure you get the best cut possible, and then dry- or wet-aged to intensify its naturally delicious flavor. That is why our bone-in filet mignons are among the most flavorful, juicy, and tender filet mignons you'll ever eat. They're the same amazing filet mignons you'll get at 5-star restaurants like Jordan's or Ditka's. In short, the very best steaks your money can buy.
Representing the top 2% of beef in the US, these USDA Prime Bone-In Filet Mignons are considered one of the best cuts of steak. Order these dry aged steaks today and indulge in excellence!
Rarity: Both Tenderness and Flavor
The Filet Mignon is known for its tenderness. It is cut from a muscle that gets very little movement (the short loin) which allows for the utmost in tenderness. Typically, this tenderness comes at the expense of some flavor (if you want to trade a bit of tenderness for more flavor checkout our selection of Ribeyes). Adding the bone enhances the flavor and makes an incredible plate presentation.
Nutty Dry Aged Flavor
Aging a steak allows for the fibers in the steak to break down over time. It results in a more tender and flavorful steak. Typically, steaks are aged in vacuum sealed packaging (wet aging). These steaks, however, are dry aged the old fashioned way. Our dry aging room allows for the steaks to be exposed to the air so the resulting steak will be a more intense flavor than a typical aged steak. If you are looking for a milder flavored steak, we recommend you try our wet-aged steaks .
Dry Aged Cooking Tips
2. Preheat your grill or broiler to high. Charcoal coals should be ashen grey and red-hot. When cooking on top of the range, the cast iron skillet or grill pan should be hot, but not smoking.
3. Season your filet mignon with salt & pepper or a blended mix to taste.
4. Lightly oil your cooking surface.
5. Sear the steaks on first side using the times listed on the Steak-Cooking Chart as a guide. Flip when juices begin to bead on the surface.
6. Cook your steaks on the second side and use the steak cooking chart below as a guide for time. Less time will be needed on the second side. Steaks may cook quickly, so be attentive.
7. Gauge doneness. This may be determined by touch or meat thermometer. A rare steak will feel very soft when touched and will have an internal temperature of 120° - 125°F. Medium rare steak will feel soft and spongy to the touch and register 130° F, medium steaks will offer resistance when touched and register 140° -145° F. Well-done steaks will be firm with an internal temperature of 160° F.
8. Rest your steak. Allow steaks to stand for 5 minutes before serving. This lets the juices flow from the center of the meat to the exterior, resulting in a juicy & succulent steak.
For more tips on how to cook your steak
Filet Mignon Wine Pairing
Although the Filet Mignon is regarded as one of the best cuts of steak you can sink your teeth into, it actually has some of the subtlest flavors of any cut. That’s why it’s important to choose a wine that won’t overpower the filet mignon.
The most ideal pairing for a filet mignon is an Old World aged wine, like Pinot Noir or Port
Packaged with Care
When you place an order with Chicago Steak Company, we do everything we can to ensure that your package arrives in excellent condition. All of our steaks are vacuum wrapped and flash frozen in their natural juices to lock in the flavor. The steaks are then wrapped in our attractive food grade paper, sealed with the Chicago Steak Company gold label, and placed in our gorgeous gift box. Those gift boxes are placed inside our reusable insulated cooler with enough dry ice to keep them cold until arrival. For more information on shipping, and other Frequently Asked Questions see our FAQ page.
Watch the Video to see how your order is packed, how it will arrive, and how to thaw it properly.
For more information please see the Shipping Details page