Kobe - Wagyu Filet Mignon
Use Promo Code: VAL189
To receive FREE Standard Shipping, 2 Crab Cakes and 6 FREE Pastries on orders of $189+. Expires January 31st
- MARBLE SCORE:6-8 (A4)
- WEIGHT:6oz, 8oz
- AGED:4-6 weeks to enhance flavor & tenderness
- PACKAGING:Individually wrapped & vacuum sealed
- Individually Registeredwith its own unique registration number - guaranteeing uncompromising quality
- Gift Box:Delivered in a classic black & gold gift box
Product is flash frozen before shipping to lock in flavor and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
A Taste of Tradition
At Chicago Steak Company, we invite you to taste tradition. Since 1865 with the founding of the Union Stock Yards, Chicago has been at the heart of high-quality American meats. Chicago Steak Company proudly carries on that tradition. We specialize in hand-cut, Mid-West raised, Premium Angus USDA Prime beef - cut by Chicago butchers with five generations of experience. If you're looking for the very best steaks on the market, then you've come to the right place.
What is Wagyu Filet Mignon?
Wagyu (meaning "Japanese Cattle") filet mignons are prized worldwide for their astounding marbling, tenderness and juiciness. While the name "Kobe" is reserved exclusively for Wagyu cattle raised in region of Kobe, Japan - cattle raised in the US must be referred to as Wagyu or Kobe-Style. Better than even USDA Prime, these filet mignons are in a class of their own. Guaranteed to please even the most discriminating steak connoisseur, each luscious bite will literally melt in your mouth, as the marbling in a Wagyu steak begins to dissolves at a much lower temperature than common steaks. Buying wagyu beef online from Chicago Steak Company ensures you're getting the freshest beef available as we flash freeze all our meat to lock in the flavor.
Wagyu Filets - a Customer Favorite
The Ultimate Steak Experience is our Wagyu Beef Filet Mignons! These Filets are a favorite for steak connoisseurs in high end steak houses. From the added tenderness that only comes with perfectly aged and hand-cut steak, to the buttery sensation marbled into each bite of a wagyu filet, it's no wonder why these are so highly desired. Our Wagyu Filet Mignon will impress your palate and your guests. Just have a few delivered to your home and share the experience. Make sure you keep in mind the extra marbling means your filet will cook faster. Checkout the cooking tab above for tips on cooking these tender steaks.
If your steak is frozen, we recommend thawing it in a pan, thawing in a pan helps catch any drippings that may occur, under refrigeration for 24 hours.
Season with our signature steak seasoning.
When turning your steak, be sure to use tongs and not a fork. A fork will puncture the steak and allow for the juices to escape the steak.
Allow your steak to rest for half of the cooking time. This allows for the juices to flow back into the center of the steak.
Steak Cooking Tips
1. Plan ahead. Know the cut of steak you are cooking. A steak is more flavorful and tender if not overcooked.
2. Preheat your grill or broiler to high. Charcoal coals should be ashen grey and red-hot. When cooking on top of the range, the cast iron skillet or grill pan should be hot, but not smoking.
3. Season your steak with salt & pepper or a blended mix to taste.
4. Lightly oil your cooking surface.
5. Sear the steaks on first side using the times listed on the Steak-Cooking Chart as a guide. Flip when juices begin to bead on the surface.
6. Cook your steaks on the second side and use the steak cooking chart below as a guide for time. Less time will be needed on the second side. Steaks may cook quickly, so be attentive.
7. Gauge doneness. This may be determined by touch or meat thermometer. A rare steak will feel very soft when touched and will have an internal temperature of 120° - 125°F. Medium rare steak will feel soft and spongy to the touch and register 130° F, medium steaks will offer resistance when touched and register 140° -145° F. Well-done steaks will be firm with an internal temperature of 160° F.
8. Rest your steak. Allow steaks to stand for 5 minutes before serving. This lets the juices flow from the center of the meat to the exterior, resulting in a juicy & succulent steak.
For more tips on how to cook your steak
Filet Mignon Wine Pairing
Although the Filet Mignon is regarded as one of the best cuts of steak you can sink your teeth into, it actually has some of the subtlest flavors of any cut. That’s why it’s important to choose a wine that won’t overpower the filet mignon.
The most ideal pairing for a filet mignon is an Old World aged wine, like Pinot Noir or Port
Packaged with Care
When you place an order with Chicago Steak Company, we do everything we can to ensure that your package arrives in excellent condition. All of our steaks are vacuum wrapped and flash frozen in their natural juices to lock in the flavor. The steaks are then wrapped in our attractive food grade paper, sealed with the Chicago Steak Company gold label, and placed in our gorgeous gift box. Those gift boxes are placed inside our reusable insulated cooler with enough dry ice to keep them cold until arrival. For more information on shipping, and other Frequently Asked Questions see our FAQ page.
Watch the Video to see how your order is packed, how it will arrive, and how to thaw it properly.
For more information please see the Shipping Details page