Apply Promo Code: FREEGIFTSto receive FREE Shipping, 12 Steak Burgers, Seasoning & a $25 promotional gift check on orders of $99+
A Taste of Tradition
At Chicago Steak Company, we invite you to taste tradition. Since 1865 with the founding of the Union Stock Yards, Chicago has been at the heart of high-quality American meats. Chicago Steak Company proudly carries on that tradition. We specialize in hand-cut, Mid-West raised, Premium Angus USDA Prime beef - cut by Chicago butchers with five generations of experience. If you're looking for the very best steaks on the market, then you've come to the right place.
Wet Aged Strip Steak
Every boneless strip we offer is certified USDA Prime or upper-1/3 USDA Choice, putting our steaks in the top 2% of beef worldwide. Each steak is hand-selected and hand carved to ensure you get the best cut possible, and then dry- or wet-aged to intensify its naturally delicious flavor. That is why our wet aged strip steaks are among the most flavorful, juicy, and tender strips you'll ever eat. They're the same amazing strip steaks you'll get at 5-star restaurants like Jordan's or Ditka's. In short, the very best steaks your money can buy.
These perfectly Wet-Aged USDA Prime, Bone-In Strip Steaks in Chicago make the perfect dining experience for any steak lover. Our rich, flavorful Bone-In Strips have a meltingly light flavor with a hearty, grainy texture so you know you've eaten a prime, quality steak.
Here's a quick video about how to sear your steak on the grill!
If your steak is frozen, we recommend thawing it in a pan, thawing in a pan helps catch any drippings that may occur, under refrigeration for 24 hours.
Season with our signature steak seasoning.
When turning your steak, be sure to use tongs and not a fork. A fork will puncture the steak and allow for the juices to escape the steak.
Allow your steak to rest for half of the cooking time. This allows for the juices to flow back into the center of the steak.
Steak Cooking Tips
1. Plan ahead. Know the cut of steak you are cooking. A steak is more flavorful and tender if not overcooked.
2. Preheat your grill or broiler to high. Charcoal coals should be ashen grey and red-hot. When cooking on top of the range, the cast iron skillet or grill pan should be hot, but not smoking.
3. Season your steak with salt & pepper or a blended mix to taste.
4. Lightly oil your cooking surface.
5. Sear the steaks on first side using the times listed on the Steak-Cooking Chart as a guide. Flip when juices begin to bead on the surface.
6. Cook your steaks on the second side and use the steak cooking chart below as a guide for time. Less time will be needed on the second side. Steaks may cook quickly, so be attentive.
7. Gauge doneness. This may be determined by touch or meat thermometer. A rare steak will feel very soft when touched and will have an internal temperature of 120° - 125°F. Medium rare steak will feel soft and spongy to the touch and register 130° F, medium steaks will offer resistance when touched and register 140° -145° F. Well-done steaks will be firm with an internal temperature of 160° F.
8. Rest your steak. Allow steaks to stand for 5 minutes before serving. This lets the juices flow from the center of the meat to the exterior, resulting in a juicy & succulent steak.
For more tips on how to cook your steak, check out the video tab above.
The New York Strip is full of flavor and marbling, making it one of the most popular cuts around. You’ll need a full-flavored wine with high acidity to break down the fat from the steak to create a mesh of bold flavors in your mouth.
If you prefer white wine, then champagne is your best bet. Champagne has similar acidic and flavor characteristics of red wine, so it can stand up to the boldness of the New York Strip. If you’d rather have a red wine, then you can go a few different ways. Merlot is a popular choice but can have a more substantial taste than others and could overpower the steak. You can choose a lighter Rosé with spicy undertones to bring out the natural flavors of the Strip.
For more information on how to pair the perfect wine to your steak checkout the full article on Wine & Steak Pairing Steak University.
Packaged with Care When you place an order with Chicago Steak Company, we do everything we can to ensure that your package arrives in excellent condition. All of our steaks are vacuum wrapped and flash frozen in their natural juices to lock in the flavor. The steaks are then wrapped in our attractive food grade paper, sealed with the Chicago Steak Company gold label, and placed in our gorgeous gift box. Those gift boxes are placed inside our reusable insulated cooler with enough dry ice to keep them cold until arrival. For more information on shipping, and other Frequently Asked Questions see our FAQ page.
Watch the Video to see how your order is packed, how it will arrive, and how to thaw it properly.
When buying a Steak, make sure it really is the BEST!
Learn what makes a steak from Chicago Steak Company the Ultimate Steak Experience: Grade, Artisan Aging, Hand Selection & Hand Cut, and Individual Registration. Watch the video »
Proudly serving Premium Angus Beef
At Chicago Steak Company, we invite you to taste tradition. Since 1865 with the founding of the Union Stock Yards, Chicago has been at the heart of high-quality American meats. Chicago Steak Company proudly carries on that tradition. We specialize in hand-cut, Mid-West raised, Premium Angus USDA Prime beef – a program that has defined excellence in steak since 1963.
Each steak is hand-cut by Chicago butchers with five generations of experience. In short, the Ultimate Steak Experience. Learn More »
Redeem your reward points for Gift Cards to your favorite national brands or discounts off your online order. Simply register for an account and make sure to login before placing your order.
Sign up to receive emails from us and be the first to hear about new products, exclusive savings & more. Plus, as a warm welcome, you'll get Free Shipping plus 3 Free Gifts
with your first order of $99 or more.