Reading Time: < 1 Back to < 1
Fresh Herb Roast Rub and Marinade
This rub and marinade is easy and delicious for any roast. Try it with veal, beef, or lamb.Variations: Remove lemon zest and add ¼ cup of Dijon mustard and ¼ cup of honey.
- 1 package each of fresh rosemary and mint – stems removed
- 1 bunch parsley – stems removed½ cup chopped red onion
- 6 to 8 peeled garlic cloves
- Zest one lemon
- ¼ fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp course freshly ground black pepper
- Blend all in food processor or blender.
- Rub over roast.
- Let roast come to room temperature (about 30 minutes) before roasting in oven.
Simple cooking instructions for any roast: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place room temperature roast in roasting pan with rack.
- Roast for the first 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to roast for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until the roast reaches desired internal temperature.
- Use meat thermometer to determine internal temperature.
- Allow roast to rest 10 – 15 minutes before slicing.