Photo by Pedro Fernandes licensed under CC BY 2.0
Blend thick and juicy steak burgers with traditional Asian flavors with the sweetness of classic Hawaiian dishes and what have you got? An incredibly flavorful steak burger that’s nothing like the ordinary hamburgers you’re used to. This super simple recipe combines it all to create a steak burger like you’ve never tasted before.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- 4 8 oz USDA Prime Steak Burgers
- 1 cup Crushed Pineapple
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 2 tbsp corn starch plus 1 tbsp water
- 4 Kaiser Hamburger Buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 1 avocado sliced
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Allow the steak burgers to rest at room temperature while you slice and prepare your toppings and the sauce. To make the sauce, mix together the pineapple, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. To thicken, mix corn starch and water together until smooth and slowly stir it into the sauce mixture. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill or a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook steak burgers for 2-3 minutes on each side until sides become browned or you see visible grill marks. Add a cheese slice to each steak burger and continue cooking over low heat for 5-10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium-rare. Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To assemble a burger: Spread Hawaiian teriyaki mixture on the bottom bun and place a steak burger patty on top. Then, add lettuce, onions, and avocado slices, followed by another spoonful of the Hawaiian teriyaki sauce. Add the top bun and enjoy!
These burgers take about 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish, making them an excellent choice for a quick weeknight meal or making in bulk for a weekend barbecue. Feel like splurging? Try this recipe with our American Wagyu Steak Burgers, our gourmet ½-pound burgers made with top-of-the-line American Wagyu beef!