Reading Time: 2 minutes Back to 2 minutes version
Photo by Keith McDuffee licensed by CC BY 2.0
If you’re a fan of Jack and Coke, one of the most popular cocktails that combines Jack Daniels whiskey with Coca-Cola, then you won’t want to skip trying this incredible whiskey marinade. The marinade is perfect for a variety of steaks – even those like the rib eye that is already tender. Our Jack Daniels and Coca-Cola marinade will penetrate your steak as it sits for several hours to make it even more tender, juicy, and flavorful than before. Leave behind your go-to steak marinade and break the rules with some Jack Daniels steak!
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||8 Minutes|
|Passive Time||6 Hours|
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 cup Coca-Cola Can also use cherry coke for a cherry flavored marinade
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce Optional for added spice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, ensuring that the brown sugar is fully dissolved into the mixture. Add a bit more brown sugar if the mixture is extremely thin.
- Pour the mixture into a heavy-duty plastic food bag.
- Place one to two pounds of your favorite steak into the bag with the marinade. Almost any steak will do!
- Make sure your steak is fully covered by the marinade. It may help to lay the bag flat.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for six to eight hours, depending on the thickness of your steak. Flank steak will take less time to fully marinade than thick cuts of rib eye, for example. You can also marinate your steaks overnight.
- Cook the steaks using your desired method. This Jack Daniels Steak Marinade recipe works exceptionally well with grilled and pan-seared steaks.
Share this Recipe