Photo by K P licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0
Summer’s here, which means it’s the perfect time to get that grill fired up. This Hawaiian-inspired steak burger recipe is one of the best for ringing in the season!
Use our delicious steak burgers full of the beefy flavor you crave. Top them with some spicy pepper jack cheese and this homemade pineapple salsa with a bit of kick from cayenne pepper and green chilies. This recipe is an excellent spin on the traditional burger when you want to kick things up a notch – or five.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 4 8 oz Premium Angus Steak Burgers
- 4 Hawaiian-Style Hamburger Buns
- 1 cup Pineapple Chunks lightly mashed
- 2 tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Orange juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves Minced garlic
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Sliced Tomato
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper to taste
- Spray grill rack with olive oil. Allow the grill to heat to medium-high while you prepare the salsa. Sprinkle each steak burger patty with salt and pepper on both sides.
- To make the salsa, mix together the pineapple, pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, orange juice and zest, brown sugar, green chilies, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes on each side until you reach your desired level of doneness. Add cheese slices during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Set steak burgers aside and, if desired, lightly toast burger buns on the grill.
- To assemble a steak burger: Place a burger on the bottom half of a bun. Top with lettuce, onion, and tomato, and then spoon the salsa over the top. Add the top bun and enjoy!
Are you new to steak burgers? Not sure what the difference is between a steak burger and regular hamburger? Check out this article that explains it all. Trust us – the steak burger will be your new best friend. We also have some steak burger cooking tips to help you get an excellent cook on the grill.
Ready to order? We have a 24-pack of steak burgers that can ship to your home in just a few days when you order online!