Reading Time: < 1 Back to < 1
Red Wine Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Cook butter and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until onion is golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add red wine, thyme, and honey to skillet and boil until mixture is reduced by 2/3, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to skillet; boil until reduced to generous 1 cup, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in butter, salt, and pepper.