Reading Time: 2 minutes Back to 2 minutes version
Tenderloin Filet with Mashed Cauliflower
BUTCHER'S BRIEF: Look for center cut filet when possible. Taken from the center of the tenderloin, a “center cut” filet will help in delivering uniform cooking and restaurant-worthy presentation.
For the Filet:
- 2 Center cut Strauss grass-fed beef filet
- 6 oz.Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbs grapeseed oil divided
For the Cauliflower:
- ½ head of cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 clove fresh garlic peeled
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Liberally season the filet all around with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat on the stovetop
- Add the grapeseed oil to the skillet, continue heating until the oil reaches the smoke point
- Place the filet in skillet and sear on one side until browned, flip the filet and sear the other side until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side
- Place the skillet in the oven for 2-4 minutes or desired doneness.
- Remove from the pan and rest the meat on a resting rack
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cover with cold water in a pot.
- Add the garlic cloves and set over high heat until simmering.
- Simmer the cauliflower uncovered until tender and completely cooked.
- Strain off water.
- Place the cauliflower back into the pot and put it over low heat.
- With a potato masher, mash until completely broken up.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, add the olive oil and butter and stir until incorporated.