Reading Time: < 1 Back to < 1
Grilled BBQ Meatloaf
- 1 baguette loaf submerged and soaked in water
- 3 pounds of Strauss ground veal
- 1 peeled and small diced yellow onion
- ½ cup each of small diced red and green bell pepper
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground pepper
- 12 ounces of Strauss bacon
Makes 2 meatloaves
- Preheat ½ of the grill to high heat.
- Squeeze as much water out of the bread as you can and add it to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients except for the bacon until combined.
- Next, take ½ of the meatloaf mixture and form it to a 5x9 loaf pan. Set aside.
- Next, line the other pan with the bacon by overlapping each piece of bacon and place the remaining amount of meatloaf in it and form it
- Wrap the bacon over top of the meatloaf.
- Place the loaf pans on the cool side of the grill and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked throughout and browned on top.
- Remove the meatloaves from the grill and take them out of the mold and drizzle on bbq sauce.
- Slice and serve.