Reading Time: < 1 Back to < 1
Southwest Steak Salad
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
For the Salad:
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- 1 package of Strauss® Brands Minute Steak thawed
- 4 cups of packed spring mix lettuce
- ¼ each seeded and sliced red and yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- ½ cup rinsed black beans
- ¼ peeled and sliced yellow onion
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ peeled seeded and sliced avocado
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to high heat (450° to 550°).
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified. Set aside.
- Steak: Brush the steaks on both sides with the oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook on a hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Rest the steak on a cutting board for 2 minutes before slicing.
- To Plate: Serve the spring mix in a large bowl and top off with bell peppers, zucchini, black beans, onion, tomatoes, avocado and sliced steak, and serve alongside vinaigrette.