Reading Time: 2 minutes Back to 2 minutes version
Lamb Meatball Gyros
For the Tzatziki:
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of shredded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Lamb Meatballs:
- 1 pound of Strauss ground lamb
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of panko bread crumbs
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground pepper
- 4 large pita shells
- 1 small diced vine ripe tomatoes
- ½ peeled and thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups of thinly sliced green leaf lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Tzatziki: Combine all of the ingredients together into a small bowl and mix. Keep cool until serving.
- Meatballs: Combine the lamb, egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper together into a large bowl and mix.
- Once combined form 16 meatballs and place them on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake them in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until browned and cooked through out.
- To Assemble: Serve the lamb meat balls on a pita bread slice and add on some tzatziki, diced tomatoes, sliced onions and lettuce.
- Optional toppings: sliced cucumbers and Israeli salad.