Reading Time: < 1 Back to < 1
- 1 red onion mediums
- 1 garlic cloves
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Grease a 12-inch baking dish, set aside
- Peel the sweet potatoes, onion and garlic.
- Slice all the vegetables using a mandoline to ensure an even thickness
- Place the sliced vegetables in the baking dish, in an alternating pattern.
- Make only one layer to make sure it cooks evenly
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir olive oil, herbs, and garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the mixture over the vegetable gratin
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are al dente
- If desired, remove the foil, add a handful of grated cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and grilled
- Insert a toothpick or knife in the center of the vegetable gratin, when it is soft, it is cooked