Reading Time: 2 minutes Back to 2 minutes version
Light & Fit Tacos
For the Coconut Flour Tortillas:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
For the Tacos:
- ½ seeded and thickly sliced red bell pepper
- ½ seeded and thickly sliced yellow bell pepper
- ½ peeled and thickly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup of trimmed cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon each chili powder and cumin
- ½ seeded and peeled avocado
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ package of Strauss Taco Ground Beef or Strauss Ground Beef + Seasoning of Choice
- 1 cup of sliced baby spinach
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Makes 4 Tacos
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Tortillas: In a bowl whisk together, the eggs and water and then whisk in the flour until smooth. Note the mixture will be very runny.
- Add a small amount of approved oil to a medium size non-stick pan and add ½ cup of the tortilla batter to the pan and cook for :45 seconds per side or until they are lightly browned and cooked through. Keep warm.
- Next coat the peppers, onions and cauliflower in the avocado oil, chili powder and cumin and toss until coated.
- Spread the vegetables out on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Keep warm.
- Add the avocado and sour cream to a bowl and mash together until smooth. Keep cool.7. In a medium size frying pan over medium heat add in the taco meat and cook until browned and cooked through out. Keep warm.
- To Plate: Add some of the cooked taco meat to a cooked warm tortilla and top off with roasted peppers, onions and cauliflower along with some baby spinach and avocado sour cream.