Dig into your pantry, and you’ll find everything you need to make this quick and easy steak marinade that makes the incredible, well-marbled flat iron steak even more flavorful and tender than it already is. Whip up the ingredients below in just a few minutes, marinate the steak overnight in the refrigerator, and have steak ready to cook for tomorrow’s dinner. Add some baked potato and your favorite roasted vegetables for a well-rounded, healthy meal.
Sweet Balsamic Steak Marinade Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Flat Iron Steaks
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Minced Onion
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and minced onion. If it’s runny, stir in another tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Put the steak in a shallow container or zippered freezer bag and pour the marinade over it so that it covers the steak. Place the container or bag in the refrigerator overnight. If you don’t have that much time to spare, allow the steak to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Before cooking, remove the steak from the bag and allow to sit on a cutting board at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat with oil.
- Add the steak to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side. The internal temperature should reach 135 degrees for medium-rare.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips and enjoying.