Reading Time: < 1 Back to < 1
Nothing compliments a delicious gourmet steak meal quite like the earthy, savory flavor mushrooms bring to the table. This mushroom sauce recipe condenses that flavor and the result is a high-powered dose of deliciousness. This mushroom concoction gets extra points for being a super easy steak sauce to mix up on the fly. Serve warm for best results.
- 8 Oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Splash Dry Red Wine Avoid cooking wine and instead open up a bottle you’d enjoy with dinner. If you wouldn’t drink it, don’t cook with it!
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 3 Tbsp Cold Water
- Sautee mushrooms in a heavy bottom pan or skillet for 4-5 minues
- Add wine and beef broth
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer on low to medium for 10 minutes
- Combine flour and water in a separate bowl
- Slowly whisk in flour/water combo into the sauteed mushrooms to thicken sauce
- Add sauce on top of steaks and enjoy
Share this Recipe